Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

UCI-baas: dopinggevallen Astana besprekstof Licentiecommissie

Gepost door Franky 
Franky 05 oktober 2014 15:07
[www.cyclingnews.com]
Astana and the MPCC

Maxim Iglinskiy’s recent positive for EPO has reignited the discussion about how the MPCC can fit into the UCI regulations. Iglinskiy’s brother Valentin also tested positive last month. He eventually confessed and was sacked from the team, Maxim is currently awaiting the results of the B sample, but is expected to make a full confession on Monday, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.

The announcement means that the team will have had two positive tests in six months, which – under MPCC rules – means that they would have to miss the next race, the Tour of Beijing. However, under UCI regulations the team can be sanctioned for missing a WorldTour event. Last season AG2R La Mondiale missed the Criterium du Dauphiné for the same reasons, but the UCI chose not to hand the team a penalty. Cookson said that no decision had been made on the Astana case.

“It’s something that we’re still in discussion about. We’ll see what happens,” he told Cyclingnews. “UCI rules are rules and the team’s commitments to the UCI are commitments. MPCC is an advisory body, so they need to discuss and consider the implication. But I need to emphasise that UCI rules are the rules.”

With the decision process regarding the awarding of ProTour licences coming up, Cookson also hinted that it could affect the team’s chances for 2015. “Two doping positives in a year is a serious matter and something that the licence commission will be taking account of.”
veluweracer 05 oktober 2014 16:33
Zou je sneller geneigd zijn doping te gaan gebruiken als je broer ook prof is? De Schleckjes zijn een ander voorbeeld hiervan.
JW 05 oktober 2014 17:16
Het lijkt me een vrij logische zaak dat de WT-licentie voor volgend jaar onderwerp van discussie wordt.
Astana moet vrezen dat er op korte termijn geen derde renner opduikt die op eigen houtje doktertje aan het spelen was...
Blueprint 05 oktober 2014 21:51
Astana zal wel met een goed doortimmerd plan van aanpak moeten komen. Wel opvallend dat er tot het beruchte mailtje van Vino niks aan de hand was en er nu twee Kazachen hangen...
JW 05 oktober 2014 22:39
Andy is toch nooit betrapt ?
Ik geloof niet dat Fränk dit soort zaken voor hem geheim hield.
En ik kan ook nauwelijks geloven dat Andy altijd schoon gereden heeft

Ook bij de Iglinsky's verbaast het me niet dat na de eerste ook de tweede positief was.
In elk geval lijkt de kans me groter bij twee broers, die bovendien door de zweep van Vino in het zelfde lekke schuitje zaten..
veluweracer 09 oktober 2014 12:52
Ah, jij kunt nauwelijks geloven dat Andy schoon reed. Opzienbarende uitspraak.
Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen