Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Le Tour de Langkawi 2015 (2.HC), etappe 7

Gepost door El Chaba 
El Chaba 13 maart 2015 17:19
Le Tour de Langkawi 2015 (2.HC), etappe 7
El Chaba 13 maart 2015 17:19
Etappe 7: Shal Alam - Bukit Fraser (170 km)

Morgen dan eindelijk de langverwachte koninginnenetappe. Weliswaar niet de traditionele naar Genting Highlands want die werd afgelast wegens werkzaamheden. In plaats daarvan een etappe die voor het laatst in 2008 werd verreden met aan het eind een onregelmatige klim van meer dan 30 km lang met een gemiddeld stijgingspercentage van iets meer dan 3% en pieken tot 8%. Wel beduidend minder zwaar naar het schijnt.

Profiel plus info van de slotklim Bukit Fraser: [www.climbbybike.com]

Top 10, etappe 8 naar Bukit Fraser, TdL 2008:
(Volledige uitslag: [www.cqranking.com])

1.ITA SAVINI Filippo CSF 3h12'32"
2.MDA IVANOV Ruslan SDA 15"
3COL SERPA PEREZ Jose Rodolfo SDA 15"
4.VEN OCHOA Carlos Jose SDA 43"
5.COL PEDRAZA MORALES Walter Fernando TCS 43"
6.NZL YATES Jeremy - 51"
7.ESP CESAR VELOSO Gustavo KGZ 51"
8.FRA SPRICK Mathieu BTL 51"
9.IRI FAHRIDI KOVIJ Mehdi IAU 51"
10.NED CLEMENT Stef BTL 55"

Startlijst, AK en andere info: [www.cyclingfever.com]

Klassementsleider Caleb Ewan voor de tweede keer aan het feest en zo te zien met overmacht.
ton duk 13 maart 2015 18:21
En dan vergeet El Chaba de nr 11 te vermelden van die bergetappe..sad smiley
gr Ton DUK
ton duk 13 maart 2015 18:22
Met Ton2 Susanto als goede 11e....
gr Ton DUK
Sticky Bottle 13 maart 2015 18:28
ton duk Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Met Ton2 Susanto als goede 11e....
> gr Ton DUK

Lijkt erop dat die gestopt is. Hij rijdt dit jaar niet meer bij Pegasus in ieder geval
Prikdude 13 maart 2015 22:16
Massimo 14 maart 2015 07:03
Kopgroepje na 70km, voorsprong dik 7 minuten.
lodjan 14 maart 2015 07:05
51. Chicchi, 83. Bertazzo, 171. Park, 205. Azwan hebben 7,5 minuut op het peloton geleid door Sky.
Teklehaimanot is niet gestart.
lodjan 14 maart 2015 07:10
Tour de Langkawi: Fraser’s Hill preview

Can Ewan keep his race lead?

Saturday’s penultimate stage of the Tour de Langkawi was meant to be the queen stage, but it has taken on a far less regal air since the marquee summit finish at Genting Highlands was scrapped on the eve of the race and replaced by Fraser’s Hill.

The hors-categorie climb of Genting, which rises 1625m in around 30km, has been used in every edition of the race bar one, and its 15% gradients are always the arena of the general classification showdown. The first-category Fraser’s, on the other hand, rises 1150m in over 20km, and it is doubtful that it will provide the same level of drama.

Not many people seem to know much about the climb, how they will approach it, or the impact it will have on the race compared to Genting, even with the map and profile now available. As MTN-Qhubeka’s directeur sportif Michel Cornelisse said, “Still nobody knows how hard it is. You hear things that it is hard, then things that it’s not hard. It’s difficult to say from the profiles in the book – for example today was not so easy on paper but it was completely flat.”

Cyclingnews spoke to some Malaysian riders and team bosses who have ridden the climb countless times and know it like the back of their hands to get an idea of what’s really in store. It’s safe to say it won’t make for pleasant reading for the likes of pure climbers Sebastien Henao (Team Sky) and Merhawi Kudus (MTN), for whom Genting was the sole draw of the race.

Rusli Amir Mustafa (Rider, National Sports Council Malaysia)

"Fraser’s Hill is a category one hill, a long hill, but actually it’s not really very steep. Genting is a much harder climb because from the start until 2.5km to go, it’s pretty much all 12-15 per cent.

"The early part [of Fraser’s] is easy and the road is fairly wide. Then around five kilometres from the end, it’s a bit steeper at about 10 per cent, with lots of tight corners. That’s where the road narrows a lot, so that is the place to attack as there are few overtaking opportunities. It’s easier than the climb on the third stage [where race leader Caleb Ewan dropped sprint rival Andrea Guardini] and I think Ewan can do it for the GC, because it’s not really steep."

Anuar Manan (Rider, Terengganu TSG)

"I have a house in Kuala Lumpur and every time I go out on my bike there I do Fraser’s Hill. It’s not so steep compared with Genting. At the beginning it’s not very hard so you can use the big chainring, but in the last five kilometres you might have to use the small ring. We do local races up there and it’s not considered very hard, but when we go with a categorised race like this, with higher speeds, it will be harder. Genting, on the other hand, is very steep – I can only go up there at about 11kph, but Fraser’s Hill is different and I think you can go at 24-25kph."

Adenan Afiz Ikmal (Directeur Sportif, National Sports Council Malaysia)

"We do the climb a lot in training and from the bottom to seven kilometres to go, it is like a gradient of eight per cent maximum. But the last seven kilometres are more like 11 per cent, very narrow and only one car can go at a time. It doesn’t compare to Genting and I think a sprinter can climb the first part, it’s just the last part that’s steep. But if the sprinter can hang on then I think he can win. For Caleb Ewan he can ride it no problem."

Author: Patrick Fletcher cyclingnews
lodjan 14 maart 2015 08:00
Sky, Colombia, Skydive en Tinkoff hebben het verschil teruggebracht naar 4 minuten. Nog 65 km te gaan.
Leon 14 maart 2015 08:13
Grappig hoe die beschrijvingen zo uiteen lopen.

Het profiel van climbbybike is trouwens niet de juiste, men benadert de klim vanuit de andere kant. Maar die laatste 5 km blijven de steilste.

[www.ltdl.com.my]

Als dat laatste stuk inderdaad tegen de 10% loopt, snap ik niet dat er iemand is die denkt dat Ewan hier kan winnen als ook figuren als Kudus, Berhane, Mancebo plus een handvol Colombianen meedoen. Bij die vorige finish in 2008 finishten er ook maar een man of 10 binnen een minuut van de winnaar. Wat wel zou kunnen, is dat Ewan de schade kan beperken tot een sec of 40/50, wat hem met de rit van morgen nog kans op de eindzege oplevert. Maar ik denk dat hij er flink doorheen gaat zakken, ondanks knechtenwerk van Weening...
ton duk 14 maart 2015 08:15
Als Seeldrayers maar niet weer voor een volgende Belgische overwinning zorgt.....hup MARZCYNSKI
gr Ton DUK
lodjan 14 maart 2015 08:20
Nog wat leesvoer in afwachting van de slotklim (inmiddels is de voorsprong teruggelopen tot een minuut of twee). Interview met MTN-ploegleider Cornelisse:

Natnael Berhane in driver’s seat for GC result at Tour de Langkawi

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (VN) — 27 seconds will separate South African-based UCI Pro Continental team MTN-Qhubeka from the general classification lead at the 20th Tour de Langkawi (2.HC) when the six-man team rolls to the start of the race’s penultimate stage in Shah Alam.

While the team’s first guard is in Italy racing Tirreno-Adriatico, including newly-signed Edvald Boasson Hagen, Tyler Farrar, and Matthew Goss, the second unit is in Malaysia with five riders within 36 seconds of race leader Caleb Ewan (Orica-GreenEdge).

After six stages the race enters the queen’s stage on Saturday and features two categorized climbs, including Bukit Cerakah (Cat. 4) inside the first 20 kilometers and the summit finish atop Frasier’s Hill (Cat. 1) at the 180.8km mark.

Currently, MTN-Qhubeka teammates Natnael Berhane of Eritrea and Youcef Reguigui of Algeria sit just behind 20-year-old Australian sprinting sensation Caleb Ewan, with Barhane 27 seconds back on GC and currently second overall, and Reguigui currently third and 30 seconds back. Ewan has already won two stages and pretty much locked up the points classification, though he is not expected to keep the yellow leader’s jersey on the summit finish.

“We have five riders in very good position to contend at the moment,” said MTN-Qhubeka sports director Michel Cornelisse. “We have Number 2 and Number 3, but also the others are very close by.

“Everything happens tomorrow and hopefully this day is hard enough for us because we have a very strong team for the climbs.”

Joining Berhane and Reguigui in contention are last year’s race runner-up Merhawi Kudus, 2010 Tour of Rwanda winner Daniel Teklehaimanot, and reigning South African road race champion Jacques Janse van Rensburg.

When asked which of his riders stands the best chance to challenge for the podium in the remaining 123-rider field in a race featuring 22 teams, including four WorldTour squads (Orica-GreenEdge, Team Sky, Tinkoff-Saxo and Astana), Cornelisse provided a diplomatic response.

“We want to try to keep the control in the race, because like I said we have five riders in good position,” he said. “For me it’s no problem who wins, if it’s one of my team then it’s okay.”

However team sprinter Reguigui, who currently sits third in GC 30 seconds back of Ewan, is quick to throw his support to Berhane on stage 7.

“I do my sprint like every day,” said the 25-year-old Reguigui who finished second to Ewan on stage 3, which also featured two categorized climbs. “But tomorrow’s stage will be hard, and since I am not a climber I offer my help to Natnael.”

Frasier’s Hill (1150m elevation) was a last minute replacement for the infamous Genting Highlands the day before the race due to safety concerns arising from construction work surrounding the area.

“All the riders were waiting for the Genting from the start,” Berhane told VeloNews. “But the Genting is not there so maybe tomorrows race on Frasier’s Hill will be a good race for us also.”

Due to the late route change, the riders know little of the climb that was last used in 2008 when Italian Filippo Savini won the stage riding for Ceramica Panaria-Navigare.

“We will see what happens before the last stage,” continued the 24-year-old national time trial champion (2014) and two-time African Continental road race champion (2011 and 2012). “I feel good about my form and I am looking forward to the climb.

“We brought a strong team to Langkawi, the other riders on the team are good climbers and we look to make good results for GC tomorrow.”

Following Langkawi and Tirreno, MTN-Qhubeka will race Milano-Sanremo, Gent Wevelgem, and Paris-Roubaix en route to becoming the first African registered team in history to race the Tour de France in July.

“Success at this race is very important for the morale of our team,” said Cornelisse. “It’s a hors catégorie race and it’s not so easy to win a race like that.

“All the big teams are here, many of which we will race against many times this year, and if we win we are very proud.”

Aaron S. Lee is a cycling and triathlon columnist for Eurosport and a guest contributor to VeloNews
lodjan 14 maart 2015 08:24
Bertazzo nu alleen voorop. Hij heeft 13 sec op de eerste achtervolgers en 1.35 op het peloton.
lodjan 14 maart 2015 08:40
De achtervolgers zijn ingelopen door het peloton. Bertazzo rijdt nog alleen voorop. De (lange) slotklim is aangevangen.
lodjan 14 maart 2015 08:42
Bertazzi heeft 2.25, dan moet ie serieus versneld zijn, of het peloton is stilgevallen nadat het restant vd kopgroep was ingelopen.
lodjan 14 maart 2015 08:44
2.55 zelfs. Sky ment het peloton voor S. Henao.
lodjan 14 maart 2015 09:05
Nog een km of 20, Bertazzi heeft nog 1,5 minuut.
lodjan 14 maart 2015 09:11
ton duk 14 maart 2015 09:25
TERIMAKASIH,Lodjan....en wat is het makkelijk dat ik op de bank een vertaalster heb zitten winking smiley
gr Ton DUK
lodjan 14 maart 2015 09:29
Ewan ligt er af.
lodjan 14 maart 2015 09:32
Het steilere deel komt er nu aan (laatste 8 km). Wordt het een Colombiaan of een Afrikaan? Of Pieter?

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 14/03/2015 09:36 door lodjan.
ton duk 14 maart 2015 09:39
Sky....maar dan in een andere tijdszone.....
Voel jij de warmte ook,Lodjan ?
gr Ton DUK
Leon 14 maart 2015 09:40
Sky past ook hier de vertrouwde taktiek toe... Met 5 km te gaan nog een man of 15 vooraan, en Ewan al op meer dan een minuut
ton duk 14 maart 2015 09:42
ik telde er 16 in die bocht....
lodjan 14 maart 2015 09:42
Ja Ton, heel herkenbaar.

edit: dit slaat op de warmte en niet op de vertaalster winking smiley

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 14/03/2015 10:04 door lodjan.
ton duk 14 maart 2015 09:46
Leon 14 maart 2015 09:49
Leon 14 maart 2015 09:50
Weening ging net wat te vroeg aan...
ton duk 14 maart 2015 09:50
Die rijdt toch in een kampioentrui ?
lodjan 14 maart 2015 09:50
Leek me ook, maar hij had geen kampioenstrui aan?
sijbriskie 14 maart 2015 09:50
Denk het wel ja. Kan bijna niemand anders zijn.

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 14/03/2015 09:51 door sijbriskie.
Sticky Bottle 14 maart 2015 09:53
1 Jacques Janse van Rensburg
2. Sebastian Henao
Leon 14 maart 2015 09:53
Kan ook Berhane zijn geweest, is ook geen kleintje. Vrij onscherpe beelden.
ton duk 14 maart 2015 09:53
Ik word zenuwachtig....
gr Ton DUK
Sticky Bottle 14 maart 2015 09:54
Het blijkt verrassend Yousef Reguigui te zijn
Leon 14 maart 2015 09:55
Huh, Reguigui??? Die pakt dan ook de leiding!
ton duk 14 maart 2015 09:56
Hij praat verdacht slecht Afrikaans,die JJvR winking smiley
gr Ton DUK
sijbriskie 14 maart 2015 09:57
Ik zag iets blanks, dus... Maar blijkt dus Reguigui te zijn...confused smiley
ton duk 14 maart 2015 09:58
Wel leuke finish....3 bochten in de laatste 50 meter....moeten we vaker doen smiling smiley
gr Ton DUK
sijbriskie 14 maart 2015 09:58
Scherp, DUKson...
lodjan 14 maart 2015 10:09
Cycling Updates ‏@CyclingUptodate 9 min.9 minuten geleden
#ltdlangkawi stage 7
1 Reguigui
2 Henao
3 Agnoli
4 Chirico
5 Mancebo
6 Weening
7 Janse van Rensburg
8 Torres
9 Hansen
10 Perichon

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 14/03/2015 10:11 door lodjan.
lodjan 14 maart 2015 10:16
In het klassement heeft Reguigui 10 seconden voor Henao, Perichon en Mancebo. Agnoli is 5e op 12 sec en Chirico, Hansen, Torres en JJvR volgen op 16 sec. Boswell zou de top 10 volmaken op 22 sec. Weening staat op 28 sec.
ton duk 14 maart 2015 12:07
Al met al nogmaals bedankt voor de stream,Lodjan...leuk voor op de vroege zaterdagmorgen
P-N, T-A en vooral Drenthe...top TVdag
gr Ton DUK
Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen