Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Tour of Oman, etappe 5 Green Mountain

Gepost door lodjan 
lodjan 18 februari 2017 08:25
#TOO2017

Waaiers meteen na de start: het peloton in twee stukken gebroken: 30 seconden verschil.

Rond 12 uur finish op Green Mountain.
Prikdude 18 februari 2017 08:27
lodjan 18 februari 2017 09:32
Het peloton is weer één geheel. Of toch niet; 5 renners zijn er van tussen: Clarke, Van Hecke, Pardini, Diaz en Christian. De voorsprong is geruststellend (voor iedereen).
Eddy Veen 18 februari 2017 09:58
Is er ergens een livestream? Wekker Wakker met Gio Lippens is afgelopen en ik moet een gat vullen tot om 13.30 uur op Sporza de veldrit begintwinking smiley
Hoentie 18 februari 2017 10:19
Ik wil m ook zien sad smiley
lodjan 18 februari 2017 10:30
Mede door een grote valpartij achter in het peloton is de voorsprong voor de kopgroep opgelopen tot ruim 8 minuten. Nog 70 km voor het peloton.
lodjan 18 februari 2017 11:43
Met nog 25 km te gaan is de voorsprong nog 5 minuten. Een stroompje water over de weg heeft de valpartij în het peloton veroorzaakt. Op deze foto's lijkt het of Nibali's oude en nieuwe ploeg er collectief bij zijn gaan liggen en zo het oponthoud veroorzaken. [twitter.com]
lodjan 18 februari 2017 11:54
Nog 10 km en de voorsprong îs onder de 3 minuten gepakt.
lodjan 18 februari 2017 12:13
Gezakt....

Nu zijn ze gepakt.

Lachlan Morton alleen op kop met 20 sec.
lodjan 18 februari 2017 12:15
Morton wordt ingerekend door een achtervolgende groep, het veld is helemaal uit elkaar geslagen op de steile bergflanken.
Leon 18 februari 2017 12:17
Hermans en Kudus nu voorop, met nog 1 km te gaan
lodjan 18 februari 2017 12:18
Costa en Aru achtervolgen.
Sub Culture 18 februari 2017 12:20
Hermans wint!

Zeer straf!
lodjan 18 februari 2017 12:22
2 Aru
3 Costa
Kudus 4?

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 18/02/2017 12:24 door lodjan.
El Chaba 18 februari 2017 13:31
lodjan 19 februari 2017 09:49
Kudus en Grmay (Mera en Tsgabu) op 4 en 5 în het klassement. Dat zijn mooie resultaten voor de nog jonge Afrikanen.

Mera rijdt dit jaar alleen de Vuelta als grote ronde (zijn vijfde). Hij kan zo wat meer kleine klimrondjes rijden zoals Baskenland.

Zie dit interview:

Tour of Oman: Kudus takes aim at Green Mountain

Vuelta a Espana will be Eritrean's lone Grand Tour in 2017.

Merhawi Kudus (Dimension Data) showcased his early-season form with a fine display on the Mas de la Costa climb at the recent Vuelta a la Comunitat Valenciana, beaten only by Nairo Quintana (Movistar), and the Eritrean has continued in similar fashion at the Tour of Oman.

Every time the road has climbed this week, Kudus has been to the fore. Spinning at his usual high cadence, he placed fourth on the uphill finale at Al Bustan, and then 8th at Quriyat on Thursday, alongside Romain Bardet (Ag2r-La Mondiale) and Fabio Aru (Astana). Those performances leave Kudus fourth overall ahead of Saturday’s decisive leg to Jabal Al Akhdhar, better known as Green Mountain, just 21 seconds off the lead of Ben Hermans (BMC Racing).

“Green Mountain is the main objective for me, but it’s very close between everybody on the bunch so it’s going to be hard tomorrow. Still, I’m looking for a result,” Kudus told Cyclingnews in Yiti on Friday.

A year ago, Kudus placed 6th as Vincenzo Nibali won atop Green Mountain. On that occasion, the ascent was extended to 7.5 kilometres in length, but for 2017, the finish has been returned to its previous positon lower down the mountainside, making for a final climb of 5.7 kilometres at an average of 10.5 per cent. At that distance and that gradient, there is precious little room for tactical finesse.

“I think it’s going to be all about the strength on the climb because it’s just so hard,” Kudus said. “Compared to last year, the climb going to be two kilometres less, so it’s going to be more about power.”

In that respect, Kudus has been aided by the heavy 2016 racing schedule that saw him line up in two Grand Tours, the Giro d’Italia and Vuelta a España. The miles run up there, allied to a solid winter in Eritrea, have laid the foundations for his fast start to the new season. “It gave me a lot of experience and big power, so for sure they will help me this year,” he said.

In 2017, however, Kudus will curtail his Grand Tour participation in order to focus on shorter stage races. Though he only turned 23 last month, Kudus has already completed four Grand Tours in his career, having lined out in the Vuelta as a neo-professional in 2014, and then joined fellow countryman Daniel Teklehaimanot as the first Eritreans to ride the Tour de France the following year.

Preparing for a three-week race is a time-consuming business, and the demands of the programme meant that Kudus was forced to pass up on some week-long events well-suited to his climbing talents. This year, his long Grand Tour appointment will come at the Vuelta a España in August. In the coming weeks, meanwhile, he will race at the Abu Dhabi Tour, Settimana Coppi e Bartali and Tour of the Basque Country, always with the aim of securing results in the here and now, rather than building towards far-off goals.

“Last year I did two Grand Tours and it takes a long time to prepare for them and a long time to recover afterwards, so there is not as much chance to get results,” Kudus said. “I am also too young, at 23, so I want to recover from last year when I had a lot of big volume of races and training. This year I want to build up a bit steadier.”

Kudus’ European base is in Tuscany, though he travels back to Eritrea as often as his race schedule allows. A gap of a month is usually the smallest possible window, given that the trip requires layovers in either Turkey or Egypt. No matter where Kudus, Teklehaimanot, Natnael Berhane and Mekseb Debesay race in Europe, there seems to be a group of boisterous Eritrean fans to be support them. The adulation back home, Kudus explained, is even more intense.

“In Eritrea, cycling is the first sport, and there are a lot of fans, so it’s even bigger than when we are in Europe,” he said. “First Daniel came, then Natnael, then me, and last year we had Mekseb, so from year to year, we’re getting bigger and bigger. I hope in the coming years there will be more Eritreans in the WorldTour."
Ziender Ogen 19 februari 2017 13:25
wacht nog steeds op een afrikaanse renner die naast klimmen ook kan tijdrijden. Dan wordt het interessant.
Binnen 10 jaar afrikaanse winnaar in grote ronde?
lodjan 19 februari 2017 13:53
Ziender Ogen 19 februari 2017 14:03
Ziender Ogen 19 februari 2017 14:04
En Bouhanni als afrikaanse topsprintersmiling smiley
Ziender Ogen 19 februari 2017 14:09
Virenque is ook in afrika geboren, nl. Marocco...
Eindhovuh 19 februari 2017 15:51
Die kon inderdaad goed tijdrijden en won vele grote rondes spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Ziender Ogen 19 februari 2017 20:25
Hij is wel wereldkampioen liegen en bedriegen geworden.winking smiley
Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen