Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

youri havik

Gepost door bakfiets 
bakfiets 04 november 2016 11:01
Team News: Yoeri Havik Signs for 2017

Cherie Pridham Racing is pleased to announce the signing of Dutch Six Day Star, Yoeri Havik

The second rider to sign for Cherie Pridham Racing for the 2017 season is Dutchman Yoeri Havik who was fifth in the recent London Six Day. Yoeri, with partner Wim Stroetinga, won the Madison chase on the very first day of the London 6 Day and then followed that up with third on Day 2 and second in the Madison on Day 5.

Yoeri has a rich history in the 6 day scene and his winter has a packed programme of racing for the rider who’s victories include the Amsterdam one with Paris Roubaix winner Niki Terpstra in 2014. But his talents on a bike go beyond the boards and onto the road. When Britain’s Andy Fenn was having his first pro win in Challenge Mallorca, who was 6th – Yoeri was!

Team boss Cherie Pridham says of Yoeri , “six day riders are part of a big family and fit in well with the British race programme. As a rider, Yoeri suits what we as a team are trying to achieve for our sponsors in the racing we do.”

“We have been aware of his desire to come and race here for many months now and he is such an easy going person, it’s like we have known him for years. He is clearly a talented bike rider both on the road and the track.”

“Coming from the Netherlands, he is a very ‘savy’ rider on the road because in that country, you have to know how to race the road to survive the bike races. He’s a quick and aggressive rider who likes to race hard and will bring a lot of experience to the team despite only being 25.”

Yoeri has also raced the Revolution series against many of the riders he will now cross pedals with on the road in Britain so is no stranger to the UK shores. He says of being offered a contract to ride for the team “I’m really happy to sign for Cherie as I have a real good feeling since our first contact. I can see Cherie just loves the sport of cycling like me and she’ll do everything within her power for the team and her riders”.

Asked what he is looking forward to in 2017, he replies “Of course I’m looking forward to the “big races” we could do with the team, like hopefully the Tour of Britain. At the same time, I look forward to every other race in the UK. They will all be new to me and that’s always exciting”.

“I want to focus myself on blocks of racing like I focus myself on blocks of racing on the track. For now, I focus on the Six Days plus the new style Olympic omnium. With Team Raleigh GAC, their racing schedule and their good organization, it’s a great opportunity for me to combine the two in a good way”.

On the type of races Yoeri enjoys most, he replies like any winner would do “the ones I win
bakfiets 04 november 2016 11:04
On the type of races Yoeri enjoys most, he replies like any winner would do “the ones I win
bakfiets 04 november 2016 11:04
werkt niet volledig bericht:

[www.teamraleighgac.co.uk]
Jacco Banaan 04 november 2016 11:33
Leuk rennertje met een leuk sprintje, heerlijk voor de stad tot stad wedstrijden in Nederland, maar als het bergop gaat komt hij zwaar tekort. Desondanks een mooie stap voor Yoeri, lekker zoveel mogelijk op de baan blijven rijden, daar komt hij het beste tot zijn recht.
bakfiets 04 november 2016 12:10
en rijdt in een mooi retro shirtsmiling smiley
El Chaba 04 november 2016 17:02
Leek op nog maar 20-jarige leeftijd een hele mooie sprinttoekomst tegemoet te gaan (dacht ik toen) gezien een paar mooie uitslagen in het najaar van 2011: [cqranking.com]

Dat is er echter niet uitgekomen.

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 04/11/2016 17:05 door El Chaba.
Leon 04 november 2016 18:11
Toch mooi, voor het eerst in bijna 38 jaar weer een Havik in het Raleigh-shirt...
[www.memoire-du-cyclisme.eu]

Clavan 05 november 2016 13:34
Nog even en Assendelft wordt het middelpunt van het nederlandse wielrennen.
Michael B. 08 november 2016 21:18
Middelmatige renner. Leeft al jaren als een prof, zie je hoe slecht ie eigenlijk is. Bergop... Heb ik het over heuveltjes in Limburg is het al dweilen met de kraan open.
Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen