Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

Tour de Korea 2015 (2.1)

Gepost door El Chaba 
El Chaba 06 juni 2015 17:25
Tour de Korea 2015 (2.1)
El Chaba 06 juni 2015 17:25

Tour de Korea 2015 (2.1)

Vannacht weer een leuk rondje op de Asia Tour waar het dit keer door het ontbreken van een echte bergetappe niet zo vanzelfsprekend is dat de Iraniërs het hele AK gaan ownen.

Etappeschema:

07.06. Etappe 1: Busan - Gumi (189,1 km)
08.06. Etappe 2: Gumi - Muju (174,4 km)
09.06. Etappe 3: Muju - Muju (99,0 km / 6x 16,5 km)
10.06. Etappe 4: Muju - Yeosu (207,0 km)
11.06. Etappe 5: Yeosu - Gangjin (175,0 km)
12.06. Etappe 6: Gangjin - Gunsan (193,7 km)
13.06. Etappe 7: Gunsan - Daejun (145,8 km)
14.06. Etappe 8: Seoul - Seoul (65,0 km / 44,6 km + 4x 5,1 km)

Startlijst: [www.cyclingfever.com]

Uitslag vorig jaar:
(Volledige uitslag: [cqranking.com])

1. GBR CARTHY Hugh JLT 30h11'52" 110
2. KOR CHOE Hyeong Min GIC 19" 80
3. AUS HAIG Jack ART 20" 66
4. AUS NORRIS Lachlan DPC 30" 56
5. ITA BALIANI Fortunato CTO 34" 50
6. ESP OROZ UGALDE Juan Jose BUR 40" 45
7. RSA VAN NIEKERK Dennis MTN 01'26" 40
8. AUS BAYLY Cameron TSI 01'31" 35
9. HKG CHEUNG King Lok HKS 02'52" 30
10. ETH GEBREMARIAM GRMAY Tsgabu MTN 03'01" 25

Caleb Ewan, de grote favoriet? Of gaat het Iranese blok hem er toch af rijden op één van de heuveltjes?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Etappe1: Busan - Gumi (189,1 km)

Dat zal vast wel sprinten worden, zoals waarschijnlijk wel vaker deze ronde. Of is het de schijn die bedriegt?

Kaartje:

Profiel:

Profiel en kaartje laatste 5 km:

Start: 02.30 uur CET.
Finish: rond 07.15 uur CET.

Weersverwachting: 16-21 graden, vrij zonnig. Wind uit het zuidoosten, kracht 2.
lodjan 06 juni 2015 19:18
Ewan heeft Koreaanse (voor)ouder(s) toch?
D. Marrage 06 juni 2015 19:32
Moeder Ewan is een Koreaanse, Pa een Aussie.
Massimo 06 juni 2015 19:39
Even goed opletten Lotto-Jumbo, er gaan twee interessante renners van start: Patrick Bevin en Joseph Cooper, voor een habbekrats te halen.
lodjan 06 juni 2015 20:12
BUSAN, South Korea (VN) — It’s a homecoming of sorts for 20-year-old Australian Caleb Ewan. The Orica-GreenEdge neo-pro, who was raised in Sydney by his Korean mother and Aussie father, makes his Tour de Korea debut when he lines up for the 189.1-kilometer opening stage in the seaport city of Busan, South Korea on Sunday.

While this is only his second time to visit Korea, Ewan says he still has close ties to the country and is excited to race in his mother’s native land.

“I’ve only been here once when I was a lot younger,” said Ewan. “It’s unfortunate that I haven’t been back as it’s a really nice country and I’m quite close to the Korean side of my family because I lived right near them when I was younger and spent a lot of time with them.

“I couldn’t pick up the language which was unfortunate but I love the food and it’s a really nice culture and everyone here is very polite, so it’s a nice race to come to.”

Ewan grew up playing rugby and soccer, but took up cycling when his father, also a keen cyclist during his youth, returned to the bike for fitness more than a decade ago. Ewan’s parents gave him a mountain bike for Christmas, which he actually used to win his first race — in a velodrome – when he was just 10.

In 2011, Ewan was crowned a world junior track champion and by age 16 was off pursuing his pro cycling career which officially began in October of last year when he signed with Australian-owned GreenEdge.

The 2014 U23 national road race champion wasted little time making an impact this season, finishing second to Heinrich Haussler (IAM Cycling) in the elite men’s national road race in January, followed by two stage wins each at both the Herald Sun Tour and Tour de Langkawi, as well as a win at the one-day Vuelta a La Rioja.

Now with five wins already decorating his palmares in 2015 – a number team sports director Matt White had set as a goal this season – Ewan looks to add to that total during the eight-day stage race in the predominately sprinter-friendly Korea against a field of Continental and Pro Continental squads.

“I’m pretty happy with how it’s started so far,” said Ewan, who claimed a close second to Mark Cavendish (Etixx-Quick-Step) in the opening stage of the Tour of Turkey in April and two runner-up finishes at the Tour of Norway in May.

“The team gave me a goal of five wins for the year, and already have that now so there’s a little bit less pressure from the team now to win races, but I still want to win. There are still some good races including this one where I can get a few more wins and maybe at the end of the year I can do a grand tour.”

While not racing a heavy schedule to date, Ewan told VeloNews after the pre-race press conference on Saturday he feels “a little bit tired” after a long season that began with three criterium wins and his second career Bay Crits Classics crown the first week of the year, and also included a move to his new European home base in Monaco in the spring.

“I’ll probably have a break after Korea,” he said. “But my form should be still pretty good right now, and if things are going well and I can get a few good results at the Tour of Poland in the second half of the season then hopefully I can start the Vuelta.”

As for Korea, Ewan faces eight potential stage wins as well as a run at general classification with only Wouter Wippert (Drapac Pro Cycling), who is fresh off a pair of second-place finishes to Peter Sagan (Tinkoff-Saxo) and Cavendish at Tour of California stages 4 and 8 respectively, considered a real threat in the sprint.

“I haven’t really thought about the GC a whole lot,” said Ewan. “I just want to come here and try to win a few stages and if GC comes with that then that’s a really big bonus.

“I’m just going to focus on stage wins for now and see how we are going towards the end of the tour.”

Aaron S. Lee is a cycling and triathlon columnist for Eurosport and a guest contributor to VeloNews

Read more at [velonews.competitor.com]
lodjan 07 juni 2015 07:16
Nog 5 km. De kopgroep is ingelopen en het eerste duel Ewan - Wippert is in aantocht.

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 07/06/2015 07:17 door lodjan.
lodjan 07 juni 2015 07:33
lodjan 07 juni 2015 07:39
2 Seo
3 Park
4 Ho
5 Ho

Geen spoor van Ewan.
lodjan 07 juni 2015 07:40
Nog niet officieel, de nummers 4 en 5 zouden ook andersom kunnen zijn.
Sticky Bottle 07 juni 2015 07:44
4 is Ko en 5 is Ho
lodjan 07 juni 2015 07:46
Dank je heer vd Zwam.
Sticky Bottle 07 juni 2015 07:50
Staat gewoon op twitter hoor daar hoef je geen PCS directeur voor te zijn hoor, Iodjan

lodjan 07 juni 2015 07:50
Zo is Jens Mouris een goede extra knecht voor Wouter.
lodjan 07 juni 2015 07:53
Ik had het ook van Twitter, maar was blijkbaar niet goed wakker want ik las 2x Ho. Dank je Bartje 3.0.
Blueprint 07 juni 2015 08:39
Ewan was kansloos door een massale valpartij in de laatste kilometer.
ton duk 07 juni 2015 08:43
Waar zijn de tijden gebleven dat Lodjan gelijk met een lijstje kwam met aantal HOLoverwinningen in het seizoen winking smiley
gr
D. Marrage 07 juni 2015 10:27
Massimo Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Even goed opletten Lotto-Jumbo, er gaan twee interessante renners van start: Patrick Bevin en Joseph Cooper, voor een habbekrats te halen.

Bevin lijkt me een tikkie te licht voor de WT... maar die Cooper? Wat is er zo interessant aan de 29-jarige nummer drie van de Herald Sun Tour (ook al eens derde in de Ronde van Borneo)?
lodjan 07 juni 2015 10:29
Nummer 41 Ton.
JW 07 juni 2015 11:46
Nederland slechts op een oneervolle 5e plaats in de landenrangschikking.
Tinuz heeft gelijk, dit dreigt een rampjaar voor HOL te gaan worden.....
JW 07 juni 2015 11:50
...wat ook mag blijken uit de 125e (!) plaats van het enige Nederlandse WT-team op de zegeranglijst voor teams smoking smiley
Chasse Patat 07 juni 2015 14:41
Wippert flikt het toch weer.... zal mij benieuwen welke WT ploeg hij heen gaat. Nu al twee jaar achtereen succesvol aan het sprinten voor Drapac. En hij maakte het laatst Cav toch aardig lastig in de USA....
Tinuz 07 juni 2015 16:24
Mijn hoop is volledig gevestigd op de komende Tour.
lodjan 08 juni 2015 06:53
GUMI, South Korea (VN) — It did not take long for the two Australian cycling teams to lock horns — and wheels — at the Tour de Korea.

The anticipation of Orica-GreenEdge sprinting sensation Caleb Ewan facing off with Drapac superstar Wouter Wippert for eight days in the predominantly sprinter-friendly stage race permeated the pre-race press conference on Saturday.

The day started bizarrely when heavy traffic inadvertently veered onto the 189.1km route from Busan to Gumi inside the first 50km. A three-man break with a lead of six and a half minutes was forced to stop while traffic was cleared off the course. Once racing resumed, the break was allowed to reclaim its advantage.

Australia’s WorldTour and Pro-Continental teams quickly picked up the pace to begin their assault toward the finish to set up a bunch sprint for Ewan and Wippert.

However, with 200 meters remaining and the two squads frantically jockeying for position, a collision sent Orica riders Ewan and Mitch Docker to the pavement, leaving a slight hole for Wippert to slip through for an uncontested opening-stage win.

“I’m really happy with the win,” Wippert told VeloNews. “Everyone was looking forward to the battle between me and Ewan and I was also looking forward to that, and he went down in the last 200 meters and I don’t like that and that’s why I didn’t put my hands in the air.

“It’s a win but I don’t like crashes at all, but especially not in the sprint.”

According to race officials, the crash was not caught on camera. But Wippert told VeloNews how it went down.

“With 3K to go, Orica-GreenEdge took the lead and it was a really solid pace, so [Drapac teammate Graeme Brown] and I decided to just set on Ewan, which was actually perfect.

“When Brownie took off, they came to the right and mixed it up and they went down. I could just pass on the right.

“Basically, we just got closed in and Brownie tried to get out and they crashed. It’s not cool crashing in the final 200 meters, but it’s a sprint and sometimes shit happens.”

GreenEdge rider Adam Blythe had a different perspective on how the collision occurred.

“We were on the left side of the road and I was just coming toward the end of my turn,” Blythe said to VeloNews.

“I looked over my shoulder and I saw Brownie starting to move so I was like, right, I’m going to move off and might as well box them in, so I moved across the road.

“Mitch was on the right-hand side of my wheel as I went to the right and Brownie came up and had nowhere to go and gave Mitch a little elbow and sent him back into my wheel and he went down.

“I don’t think Brownie meant to knock anyone off, but where was he going because Wouter wasn’t on his wheel?”

Brown claims he was simply protecting his patch and trying to avoid being sent into the barriers.

“From my perspective, Adam Blythe saw me and started moving right with his team following him,” said the 36-year-old veteran. “It was either ride through or be run into the barricades, so I decided to hold the line.”

Both Ewan and Docker immediately boarded the team bus after the stage and left for the hotel without speaking with the media.

According to a tweet from Orica teammate Leigh Howard, both riders are okay.

The New Zealand-registered Avanti Racing Team was also caught in the fray. Sprinters Anthony Giacoppo, Patrick Bevin and Neil van der Ploeg all went down, with Bevin coming off worst of the lot with a battered and bruised knee. All three are expected to start Monday’s 174.4km second stage from Gumi to Muji.

“It was just a traditional finish,” said Avanti sports director Andrew Christie-Johnston. “The teams started to add a bit more firepower in the front and on day one there is a lot of fresh riders and crazy stuff started to happen in the finish and unfortunately all three of our sprinters got caught behind the crash.

“I was too far back in the team car to see what happened, but it sounded like Drapac had a coming together with Orica and Orica came off second best. Like I said, I didn’t see it and all I could see were the results and Orica had three down and we had four and we went from being in a reasonable position to having no chance at the sprint at all.”

Read more at [velonews.competitor.com]
Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen