Welkom! » Log in » Registreer een nieuw account

82ndParis - Nice(2.UWT) Stage 2»Thoiry›Montargis(177.6km)

Gepost door Clavan 
Clavan 04 maart 2024 09:05

Olav Kooij takes the first stage. ASO photo

GC after stage 1:

GC leader: Olav Kooij (Visma | Lease a Bike)
Mountains classification leader: Jonas Ritsch (EF Education-EasyPost)
Points classification leader: Olav Kooij (Visma | Lease a Bike)
Best young rider: Olav Kooij (Visma | Lease a Bike)
Teams classification leader: Visma | Lease a Bike
1 OLAV KOOIJ TEAM VISMA | LEASE A BIKE 3hr 36min 18sec
2 MADS PEDERSEN LIDL-TREK @ 4sec
3 MATTEO JORGENSON TEAM VISMA | LEASE A BIKE s.t.
4 LAURENCE PITHIE GROUPAMA-FDJ 0' 06''
5 REMCO EVENEPOEL SOUDAL QUICK-STEP s.t.
6 EGAN BERNAL INEOS GRENADIERS 0' 08''
7 NILS EEKHOFF DSM-FIRMENICH POSTNL 0' 10''
8 MADIS MIHKELS INTERMARCHÉ-WANTY s.t.
9 MICHAEL MATTHEWS TEAM JAYCO ALULA 0' 10''
10 MATTEO TRENTIN TUDOR PRO CYCLING TEAM s.t

Stage 2 map

Stage 2 profile

Parijs-Nice – Etappe 2
Live op Eurosport 1 (vanaf 15.45 uur)
Live op Eurosport.nl en Discovery+ (vanaf 14.50 uur)
Live op Sporza, VRT1 (vanaf 15.20 uur)
Live op NOS, online (vanaf 15.15 uur)

In 2004 finishte de 2e etappe van PN ook in Montargis. Pedro Horrillo won de sprint. Gerben Lowik( Chocolade Jacques - Wincor Nixdorf) werd 7e in deze rit
Surplace op souplesse 04 maart 2024 10:47
Pedro Horillo. Was dat (later) niet de gezelschapsknuffel voor Oscar Freire? Zal z'n grootste zege geweest zijn. Kan me de rit niet heugen, maar het moet een knetterend waaierspektakel geweest zijn onder aanvoering van CSC. Een groep van 36 renners die meer dan 5 minuten pakt op het eerste, er achteraan modderende peletonnetje. Zulks hoeven we vandaag niet te verwachten.

Drie kneuterige coureurs mogen gaan zwemmen, hele dag een parodie op koers om dan in absurdistische galop te geraken voor een zege die geen enkele invloed op het eindklassement heeft.

Nouja: de bijbehorende tuimelperte zal dat wel.

ValSS:
Kelderman
Carlos Rodriguez - Jay Vine
Primoz Roglic - David Gaudu - Felix Gall
Clavan 04 maart 2024 11:22
It was a day of heavy damage in Monday’s second stage of Paris-Nice.

No, no one crashed, but a half-dozen favorites were all-but-eliminated when Team CSC and U.S. Postal Service collaborated to drive a deep five-minute wedge into the eight-day race.

Five Postals and the entire CSC team drove a lead group of 36 into Montargis in the windy 166.5km stage across rolling farmland south of Paris.

Spanish rider Pedro Horrillo (Quick Step) rejoiced in his most important victory of his career while two-time defending champion Alexandre Vinokourov (T-Mobile), Erik Dekker (Rabobank), Laurent Brochard (Ag2r), Sandy Casar (FDJeux.com), Alex Zülle (Phonak) and Dario Frigo (Fassa Bortolo) were among the favorites left with pie on their faces some 5 minutes, 15 seconds adrift. “It was stupid, stupid, stupid… I am the stupidest rider here today.”

Erik Dekker
(Rabobank)
“I can only blame myself,” said Dekker, who started the day tied for second four seconds back to Team CSC’s Jorg Jaksche. “It was stupid, stupid, stupid. I came here to win this race, but now I don’t know what to do. I have no excuses, I just missed it. I am the stupidest rider here today.”

CSC in Driver’s Seat
Team CSC, meanwhile, was relishing its job well-done. The team played the tactic perfectly, catching Dekker and many of the other favorites sleeping at the wheel after coming through the day’s first points sprint at 77km at Maisse.

Rebellin took second in the sprint to inch within six seconds of Jaksche, winner of Sunday’s opening time trial near Paris. Following the hard effort, Dekker and the others drifted to the back of the bunch as the peloton came out of five Category 3 rated climbs.

The course pushed out of the rolling hills south of Paris onto wide-open wheat fields. Team CSC sport director Alain Gallopin comes from this region of France and warned the team before the stage to watch for echelons. About 8km before the day’s feed zone at 90km, CSC punched the accelerator.

“My job was to get those time bonuses at the sprint and I was pissed that Dekker beat me,” said Team CSC’s Jens Voigt, who took third to the Dutchman. “Those sprints are hard, they’re like a world championship sprint, I swear. After that, everyone was taking it easy and Riis told us to stay near the front.”

“First Piil went, then I yelled, ‘Go, go, go!’ When you do that, you don’t hesitate, you don’t look back,” Voigt said. “We got some good collaboration from U.S. Postal and Chocolade Jacques, but we did most of the work.”

Team CSC’s Bobby Julich initially was caught out of position, but came back up with a second group that caught on. Julich, after a very strong opening time trial, moves up to third overall.

“When you make an effort like that, you have to make it count,” said Team CSC manager Bjarne Riis. “We eliminated some guys, but (Davide) Rebellin is still very strong. You have to be aggressive, but you have to pick the right moment. It was good today.”

U.S. Postal Service helped drive the bunch to the line and was looking for the stage-win for George Hincapie. Unfortunately for the Posties, Floyd Landis wasn’t in the first group and fell out of contention.

Levi Leipheimer (Rabobank) and Tyler Hamilton (Phonak) also missed the break, though Hamilton wasn’t looking for major results in his season debut, especially considering he had the flu late last week.

The stage ended with one circuit into Montargis, where a hard left turn with 500 meters to go and a rising finish added a twist to the day’s finale.

Horrillo — the Spanish rider who got the wrong kind of headlines in the 2002 Tour de France when he celebrated too early coming into Avranches in Stage 7 and lost the stage to Brad McGee – saw his chance.

“Our plan was to work today for (Tom) Boonen, but he wasn’t with the lead bunch so I thought about my chances. I studied the finish coming in on the first lap and realized that I had to be at the front coming out of the turn,” Horrillo said.

The Quick Step rider launched his attack early, riding with his hands on the upper section of the handlebars as he grinded toward the finish line. There was no arm-lifting until he was well past the line.

“On that day back in the Tour, I lifted my arms not because I thought I won, but because I was angry that I had lost,” Horrillo said. “Paris-Nice is not the Tour de France, but it’s the most important victory of my career so far. One day I want to go back to the Tour to win.”

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 04/03/2024 11:25 door Clavan.
El Chaba2 04 maart 2024 13:32
Pascal Eenkhoorn rijdt in zijn eentje voorop met bijna twee minuten voorsprong op het peloton.
Wat bezielt hem om in zijn eentje voorop te gaan rijden?
Eqquipo 04 maart 2024 14:36
8 graden, 35km/u gemiddeld na 2 uur koers. (1ste uur aan 34). Beetje warmblijven wellicht? Hij heeft 15km op kop gereden en toen weer in laten lopen.

(Wat bezielt de Wildcard ploegen/ kleinere Franse ploegen trouwens om niet kansloos voorop te rijden samen met Eenkhoorn cool smiley )
ton duk 04 maart 2024 15:55
El Chaba2 Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pascal Eenkhoorn rijdt in zijn eentje voorop met
> bijna twee minuten voorsprong op het peloton.
> Wat bezielt hem om in zijn eentje voorop te gaan
> rijden?

Misschien is ie wat geschrokken van zijn kansloze rijden in het Volluk en Samyn en leek 'm een dagje training in een klein en kansloos groepje wel nuttig...

Maar verder had dus niemand zin
Gr
Eqquipo 04 maart 2024 15:57
Na bijna 3,5 koers is het gemiddelde 36km/u.
Het tempo gaat nu omhoog ,over ongeveer 10km een tussensprint.
Surplace op souplesse 04 maart 2024 16:21
Niet helemaal juist. Burgaudeau en Rutsch reden daarvoor ook al voor de rest uit, maar werden terug gehengeld en kennelijk probeerde Rutsch en drie anderen het ná Eenkhoorn ook nog een keer.

Vermoedde (enkel de ticker lezend) dat het om waaiernervositeit ging, maar gelet op de snelheid enkel om de tussensprint (en dus door Lidl)? (Net gewonnen door Haller, voor Pedersen en Skjelmose)
lodjan 04 maart 2024 17:17
1. Arvid de Kleijn
ton duk 04 maart 2024 17:17
YESSS,De Kleijn !!!
Gr
lodjan 04 maart 2024 17:17
ton duk 04 maart 2024 17:27
Ja,dat verbaast me niet

Heerlijke overwinning deze
Gr
Slimmerd 04 maart 2024 17:47
Heel nice dat De Kleijn een grote vis pakt!
ton duk 04 maart 2024 18:01
Dat duo was de verlenging van gisteren om de bergtrui
Gr
Cyclad58 04 maart 2024 19:09
Arvid de Groot. Mooi. Had iemand het over waaiers? Er stond geen wind. Daarom werd een heel gezapige en doodsaaie rit. Tudor overduidelijk de sterkste ploeg in de finale met ene briljante Trentin en een heel sterke Zijlaard perfect in functie van De Kleijn.

Wat ging er mis bij Visma-LaB, behalve dat Affini zijn intelligente blik niet had opengetrokken?
Nelis! 04 maart 2024 19:47
Was het niet vooral Van Poppel die weer een meesterlijke lead-out deed? Dat het niet voor zijn teamgenoot was, is bijzaak...
Meneer 60% 04 maart 2024 19:48
Qua sprinten zijn het verre van magere jaren. Gisteren 1 en 4. Vandaag 1, 3 en 4 met drie andere renners.
ton duk 05 maart 2024 07:41
Tudor De Kleijn had een perfecte trein met Trentin,Pluijmers,Affinit ,Zijlaard en vPoppel

Affini doet wat ie moet doen . Enkel Kooij doet dat niet
Wat dat /dit betreft is Visma/Kooij nog geen zekerheid
Gr
ton duk 05 maart 2024 07:43
Maak me hierin wel zorgen om Jakobsen
Proces richting Giro...blabla
Gr
Cecchini 05 maart 2024 09:53
Op nog geen 2 km van de finish zat het sprinttreintje van Visma ergens midden in het peloton. Dan doe je toch iets fout. Gebeurt ook veel te vaak.
El Chaba2 06 maart 2024 19:43
Zeg maar gerust héle grote zorgen. Inmiddels al vier keer (of is het al vijf nu..?) meegedaan aan een massasprint en nog geen enkele keer überhaupt aan sprinten (om de eerste plek) toegekomen.
Het enige 'voordeel' hiervan is dat we dus weten, dat het zeer slecht met de sprintvoorbereiding is gesteld en in ieder geval (nog) niet echt iets zegt over zijn sprintkwaliteiten. Dus we gaan het nog even aanzien en er maar het beste er van hopen..

1 keer gewijzigd. Laatste wijziging: 06/03/2024 19:44 door El Chaba2.
Sorry, alleen geregistreerde gebruikers mogen berichten plaatsen in dit forum.

Klik hier om in te loggen